Friday, October 2, 2009


Slept in until 8am again! Yeah! Making breakfast was interesting. After the coffee was done, I SLOWLY cooked the eggs. They finally did get cooked, but I had to do one at a time and it took about an hour total. It worked, but I wouldn’t recommend it for feeding many people. Next time we’re bringing the Jetboil and buying fuel. Although I’d guess that open fires at hotels are frowned upon.

Our first stop of the day was the Fashion Mall where Lullu is. They also had an Apple store there, so it wasn’t difficult to get Wes there. I didn’t end up purchasing anything, but we did get some fancy chocolates at a chocolate shop. For lunch, we ate at Ra. A sushi place, but neither of us had sushi. Wes had eel over rice and I had the teriyaki salmon bento box.

Next we drove to the free parking ramp near the Flamingo hotel. My new favorite shopping center on the strip is at Caesar’s. They have a Vogue Chocolate Boutique and a Georg Jensen store! We also stopped at the conservatory at the Bellagio Hotel. It was Halloween themed with several large pumpkins. I wondered how they compared to Melanie’s pumpkins this year.

We continued south along the strip all the way to Mandalay Bay. I still can’t remember why I wanted to go there. Starting today is the Tattoo convention, so we did get to see some interesting body artwork.

Back up the strip we made stops at the M&M store, Sin City Brewery (beer wasn’t all that good), Sur La Table, and a few other random stores. The M&M store had a few types that I’ve never seen before, so we got some. A Coconut M&M and Strawberry & Peanut Butter version. The coconut was pretty good, and we haven’t had the other one yet. It sounds odd.

Dinner was at Sweet Tomato’s. Wes’ uncle had recommended it. It’s great for vegetarians, but it was very difficult to get any non-cheese or bean protein. It was a buffet and I was hungry, so I really didn’t care.

Back at the hotel we did a bit of gambling and bingo. Checkout is 1pm today, but we don’t need to leave for the airport until 2, so we’re playing bingo again at 1! I think it’s a bit more fun then Wes does. It’s a pretty cheap way to spend an hour.

I like to play with the dauber :)

Wes likes the free's never too early!

Plan for lunch is to finish up our veggie burgers. One last use for the coffee pot burner before packing it up. It did come in handy, but I have a feeling that most people reading this blog think I’m a bit nuts.

My body is not used to all the walking and standing we did yesterday. I had hopped to run this morning, but my hips are a little sore. I almost brought my garmin with me to see just how far we walked. I might take a dip in the pool, but doing nothing sounds good, too. Back to the grind tomorrow… I’m glad I have 2 days off before returning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment